Edward C. was born and raised in California and spent his career working in Carson, CA. Ed passed away from mesothelioma at the age of 84, only four months after being diagnosed. He left behind his wife and their adult children.
The only known cause of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos. Ed’s asbestos exposure came from his 33 year career as a machinist at a refinery in Carson, CA. Ed’s duties required that he work on equipment with asbestos-containing components including pumps and valves, and around contractors installing asbestos-containing materials such as insulation.
Ed was a lifetime non-smoker and is described as a regular handyman around the house and busy body. Prior to his mesothelioma diagnosis, he enjoyed gardening, painting, sweeping up after rains or wind, and fixing things. He loved to tinker – he drove, changed the oil in the car, assembled everything, and kept things in perfect working order in the house.
Ed first started to experience chest pain early one summer in 2009. Three months later he started having shortness of breath and was diagnosed with mesothelioma a few days later. Sadly, he remained in the hospital until his death a month later. He had just passed his 84th birthday two weeks before. He left behind two adult children and his wife of almost 60 years.
Spread the word about mesothelioma and help stop big asbestos.